Outside of the weather and world famous beaches and coastline, San Diego has many other attractions including the San Diego Zoo, Torrey Pines Golf Course, Tours of Midway AirCraft Carrier, the Birch Aquarium, PetCo Park–home of the San Diego Padres, the Gaslamp District downtown, and over 150 craft beer breweries. Additionally, less than a one hour drive north of San Diego is the Temecula Valley Wine Country. With over 30 independent Vineyards, including Callaway, Falkner, and Ponte a varietal can be found to satisfy any palate. We are looking to organize a few activities/trips that could include touring a local pharmaceutical company, a brewery (or 2), or the zoo.
- The beach – La Jolla Shores is the closest nice beach and has kayak and paddleboard rentals and surf lessons, and about a mile long white, sandy beach
- Mission Bay – boat & paddleboard, rentals, surf lessons, etc.
- Torrey Pines Golf Course
- Walking around Downtown La Jolla – lots of nice shops and restaurants, and a beautiful shoreline with places to see seals and sealions
- The San Diego Tourism Authority: https://www.sandiego.org
- The San Diego Brewers Guild: https://www.sdbeer.com
- Explore La Jolla at the Tourism Authority: https://www.sandiego.org/explore/coastal/la-jolla.aspx